httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Setting Connection Limit
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:09:09 GMT
Ravi Verma wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I have a need that my Apache server should display a sever busy page when the number
of concurrent requests reaches certain level.

> Setting the MaxClient directive does not work. When I set the MaxClient directive, the
Apache server starts queueing the requests which are over the MaxClient directive number.

> Thanks a lot in advance.

mod_bandwidth or mod_throttle (third party modules) may be able to do
this.  The core apache does not do it, because it is a rather silly
thing to do in many cases.  If the server has enough resources to
deliver a "too busy" document, it should be using those resources to
deliver real content.

(Although I suppose on a site with a very "heavy" pages, it may be
worthwhile to use something like this.)

Joshua.