httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Cooper <...@swelltech.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.35 with Win2kPro - PHP module issue - Please help ASAP!!!
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:17:26 GMT
Did I imagine it, or did you actually send a 2 megabyte post to a
mailing list...not once, but twice (followed by a 165K message of
similar content) all in under an hour?

If I were on a dialup, I might become violent upon receiving 4MB of crap
in my mailbox.  Folks outside of the US who pay for connect time, in
particular, certainly aren't going to be happy to receive your posts.
As it is I'm pissed just having to wait 30 seconds each for my mailer to
delete the damn things (IMAP to an mbox...doesn't seem to take kindly to
monster emails in a mailbox with several thousand messages).

Sheesh...Didn't your mother teach you any manners?  Please do some
reading on basic netiquette before posting to mailing lists.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.