httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dwayne Miller" <dmil...@espgroup.net>
Subject Re: How to change port number?
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:00:57 GMT
You must either change your default port to be 80, which is what the
client browsers are going to try to contact, or listen on port 80 and
redirect all requests to port 8080.  Or, you can specify the port in the
URL.

So, to allow users to specify  http://your.domain.com, your browser must
answer on port 80 (and possibly redirect them to port 8080)

Or, your users can specify http://your.domain.com:8080 and use your
current configuration.

You cannot change the DNS binding to a specific port (at least not that
I'm aware of).

Alexander Skwar wrote:

>So sprach Wei Wang am 2002-06-06 um 14:10:19 +0100 :
>

>>I registered a website at register.com. Now I want to redirect the domain name
>>to my box with apache running. But register.com only support changing the IP address
binding to the URL. At the moment my apache could only be accessed by