httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: MS Word, .htaccess & Passwords
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 17:37:42 GMT
Lad.Gaal@cle.philips.com wrote:

> One last problem that I found. In the protected area I also have word docs, and trying
to open them I get asked for the password.

I assume you mean you get asked for the password twice: once when
entering the protected area, and once when requesting the word doc.  I
have heard of this problem before, but I don't know any solution.
Again, this is an MSIE problem, as far as I'm concerned.  The browser
isn't passing the credentials to whatever funky program is requesting
the word doc.

Sorry I can't help on this one.

Joshua.