httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Fournier <j...@videotron.ca>
Subject htaccess.exe & htdigest.exe ERRORS
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 02:45:53 GMT
Version: 2.0.39
Platform: Win NT

After upgrading to 2.0.39 i can no longer add users to my .htaccess file
using the HTACCESS utility. I can't confirm that it was caused by the
upgrade, but i can say for sure that it worked with 2.0.36. The following
is the error:

C:\***\***\***\***>htdigest i:\htdigest realm username
Adding user username in realm realm
New password: *******
Re-type new password: *******
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
process.
        0 file(s) copied.

I made sure that the file wasn't open, and i stopped the apache service
but that didn't help. I even moved the file to a different directory but
still got the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James Fournier