httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Kirk" <a...@schnarff.com>
Subject src/modules/perl location
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:52:24 GMT
My apologies for asking another (probably obvious) question again so
quickly, but I can't find a thing in the archives and I want to get this
recompile done soon.

After finding my old config options in config.status, I decided it'd be a
good idea to go through what options exist now and look for good ones. I
read README.configure, which mentioned compiling in mod_perl with
 --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a and PHP with
 --activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a.

When I attempted to do this, configure ran fine, but make complained that
the directories weren't there. Sure enough, neither directory exists as a
subdirectory of apache_1.3.26, which I created from a tarball downloaded
this morning.

Thus, my question is...should these directories be included with the default
downloaded Apache, should they be elsewhere on the system (i.e. in a
download of mod_perl), or do I need to download them and merge them into my
Apache source tree? Also, the example talks about PHP3...can I do PHP4 the
same way?

Thanks again in advance, and thanks for the ultra-prompt reply on my last
question.

Alex Kirk