httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yuan Lu ...@pgc.nrcan.gc.ca>
Subject apache 2.0.39 UserDir: Can't use ~user
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:00:32 GMT
Hi there,

I have a RedHat 5.2 with gcc 2.91.66. I compiled apache 2.0.39
without any problems. It runs Okay except for ~user access.
Whenever I access http://www.myserver.com/~userId, I got a
pop-up window from Netscape browser saying that the connnection
has been refused or the server is busy. If I use IE browser, I
got the page is not avaiable message. However, if I used
http://www.myserver.com/~userId/ (note: with a slash at the
end), I can access the default web page.

It looked like a configration problem for me. But I used the
same configuration setting as I used for version 1.3.x. I
don't have a problem in this older version. I am wondering
if I missing anything or this is the new feature in version
2.0.39?

Here is my configuration setting related to this:

UserDir /home/usersdocs

<Directory /home/usersdocs>
Options Indexes Multiviews FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>