httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Hawkes <ahaw...@unicon.net>
Subject Re: forcing apache to process files read from a database by php
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:34:33 GMT
All right, that makes sense - it is an interesting idea.

If I were you I'd write a module. I think the book I've seen is "Writing
Apache Modules in Perl and C", an O'Reilly book. I've never written an
Apache module but get the idea it isn't terribly hard.

Would you put all pages in a single flat table, or concoct some kind of
tree representation? Either way, it seems your module would have to do
this:

1. Translate the URI into a SQL query.
2. Perform the query and extract the requested "page".
3. Spit out the page to the client.

-Andy