httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject Re: User/Group question
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:58:08 GMT

If you want to give access to everybody with a valid account, you can do

Require valid-user

Alternatively you can just enumerate the groups that make the institute_group

Require group groupa groupb groupc

Would that do what you want?

Daniel

> Hi,
>
> I have another question: there are many labs in our institute, I setup a group for each
lab, so I can use 'Require group aaa bbb' to setup access control. But sometimes, I have to
give all people in our institue access permission. If i use group I have to make another group
'institute_group' to include all people, which should show up different group for each lab
already. It will be like this way:

> groupA: a
> groupB: b
> groupC: c
> institute_group: a b c
>
> Since in our institute, there are so many people, i do not think this is a good way to
setup group, does anybody have other better solution for this proplem?