httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject Re: Specific access control
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:26:46 GMT

The following should work (from the top of my head).

<Directory />

Order deny,allow

Allow from 10.0.0.0/24
Deny from all

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Restricted Files"
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/passwd/passwords

Satisfy any

</Directory>

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a question about access control. I have setup apache 1.3.24
already, and want to setup specific access control. For example, If somebody
outside our institute who access out webpage will have to input usrname and
password, but if they are inside our institute, no passwrod needed.