httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Nedved <david_ned...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: logging servername out of http header
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:23:53 GMT
Thank you both for the very speedy and correct responses.  I've got the
%{Host}i directive working perfectly, and having no problems at all
parsing it. (it seems to me to just log the domain name from the
header, which is exactly what I wanted).

Unfortunately, some of the servers I need to run this on are running a
very old Apache binary that doesn't like some of my log directives, so
I'm still looking for a packet sniffing program that will get the same
information for me.  If anyone knows of a logging program like this,
I'd love to hear about it.

Also, as an aside, I'm slightly confused here.  If I put the CustomLog
directive outside of the <VirtualHost> paragraphs, it doesn't seem to
log anything, it only seems to work when I put it inside a particular
<VirtualHost> paragraph.  Is there a place I can put it so that it logs
ALL traffic on the box without having to put it inside several hundred
<VirtualHost> blocks?

Thanks to everyone for helpming me out, this is a great list!

David

=====
david_nedved@yahoo.com