httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: ipv4 & ipv6 vhosting
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:38:41 GMT
-> On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Matus "fantomas" Uhlar wrote:
-> > what if I put there hostname that maps to more addresses? (ipv4 or ipv6)?
->
-> It should work, but you'll be screwed if you ever restart your server when
-> DNS is unavailable.

I am talking about hosts, not just because of this reason.

-> > -> (I haven't actually tried this stuff, since I don't use IPv6, but it
-> > -> should work.  If it doesn't, you should file a bug report.)
-> >
-> > Good, can I use the same thing to create ssl/non-ssl vhosts?
-> >
-> > like <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80 1.2.3.4:443>
->
-> Yes, that should work.

Great, I'll try it after upgrading apache.
btw how does apache detect that it should use ssl on port 443 ?
haven't seen any configuration option about this.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors