httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Wolff III <br...@wolff.to>
Subject Re: make install suggestion
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 14:36:21 GMT
On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 10:25:36 -0400,
  Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
> > What I think would be better would be to first test to see if the
> > html directory was empty (or perhaps if there already is an index.html
> > file) and only install the default web pages in this case.
> > A configure option to not install the default pages would be just as
> > convenient if the developers think that would be a better way to do things.
>
> Sounds like a good suggestion, but I'm don't think you'll get much action
> on it by posting it here.  The bug database would be a good place, or the
> dev@httpd mailing list if you feel like getting more involved.  In both
> cases, you're likely to see quicker action if you include a patch ;-)

Do you think the config option or a more complicated test for doing the
install would be a better idea? The more I think about it, the more
I think the configure option is a better way to go.

When I looked at the bug database I didn't see an option for suggestion
or enhancement. Did I miss something? If not should I just pretend it
is a bug fix?