httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Wolff III <br...@wolff.to>
Subject mod_include feature request
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 15:58:09 GMT
If this isn't a good forum for suggested feature requests, can someone
suggest a better one?

I would like to see an 'encoding' parameter for the "include" command.
Currently I use a cgi-bin script (via a handler) to replace characters
that aren't safe in html (<, >, and &), but this seems less efficient
than having mod_include do the substitution.

The reason I want to do this, is so that there is only one copy of
a document that may get served up several ways on the web server.
(Perhaps as a cgi-bin script and as a code sample embedded in another
page.)

I think I could probably work up a patch to implement such a feature,
but probably wouldn't want to unless there was a reasonable chance
that the patch would get used.