httpd-users mailing list archives

From Csaba Kiss <csa...@ki.se>
Subject Apache-Windows XP-CGO problem!
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:14:23 GMT
Hello users,

I installed the latest Apache 1.3.24  on Windows XP without a problem.
I also installed mysql and PHP. I amanged to configure Apache to use
them. Then I installed ActivePerl 5.6.1 and tried to configure Apache
to use cgi scripts. Here I failed whatever I tried to use. I set the

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "e:/Apache/Apache/cgi-bin/"

then I tried to use the unix method of using Perl

#!e:/Perl/bin

It did not work at all, so I settled with the Windows registry
settings.

ScriptInterpreterSource registry

At this time I managed to execute .pl scripts on the server, however
whatever I did I couldn't execute .cgi files.

i set the .cgi extension to open with PERL in windows, just like .pl
extension. I get this error in the browser window:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please
contact the server administrator, csakis@ki.se and inform them of the
time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error. More information about this error may be
available in the server error log.

When I check the error.log in  Apache I see this:

[Tue Jun 18 00:09:56 2002] [error] [client 213.100.23.131] Premature
end of script headers: e:/apache/apache/cgi-bin/hello.cgi

I am getting desperate, please help me to configure Windows XP to use
cgi scripts!

--
Best regards,

tel:+4687286259
fax:+468330498
ICQ:7911383

This message was created using The Bat! v1.60m on Monday, June 17, 2002.

“"You know, me asking you what your name is, is never going to be as fast as
 calling you Fuckhead"
          -- Nathan Schrenk, explaining why static typing is more efficient.”