httpd-users mailing list archives

From Csaba Kiss <csa...@ki.se>
Subject Re:Apache-Windows XP-CGO problem!
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:29:51 GMT

Hello Per,

>>I installed the latest Apache 1.3.24  on Windows XP without a problem.
>>I also installed mysql and PHP. I amanged to configure Apache to use
>>them. Then I installed ActivePerl 5.6.1 and tried to configure Apache
>>to use cgi scripts. Here I failed whatever I tried to use. I set the
>>
>>ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "e:/Apache/Apache/cgi-bin/"
>>
>>then I tried to use the unix method of using Perl
>>
>>#!e:/Perl/bin
>>
>>It did not work at all, so I settled with the Windows registry
>>settings.

PEE> That isn't the correct shebang line. It's supposed to point to your
PEE> Perl.exe program. So replace it with:

PEE> #!e:/Perl/bin/perl.exe

PEE> and you should be all right.

Thank you for the very quick answer, however this does not solve my
problem. If I try to use the shebang line i receive a different error
message in the error.log. Here it is:

[Tue Jun 18 00:24:18 2002] [error] [client 213.100.23.131] couldn't
spawn child process: e:/apache/apache/cgi-bin/hello.cgi

And then I can't even run .pl scripts either. I guess Apache does not
find Perl.exe, but I don't know why. That's why I settled with the
registry solution. But chi still does not run.... :(

--
Best regards,

tel:+4687286259
fax:+468330498
ICQ:7911383

Using TheBat v1.60m!

“Homosexuality is god's way of insuring that the truly gifted aren't
 burdened with children.
                                                       -- Sam Austin”