httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: Apache Web Server with IBM WebSphere - how does it work?
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 14:09:02 GMT

I can't answer specifically about websphere but this sounds similar to Tomcat (which I do
use):

Most external engines can use the HTTP protocol. If, for example, your websphere server is
listening to port 8000, can you do http:/websphere-server:8000/ in a browser and get something?
If so, it is using HTTP.

You can then use mod_proxy to map the websphere server into the apache space. E.g.

ProxyPass        /websphere http://websphere-server:8000/
ProxyPassReverse /websphere http://websphere-server:8000/

Now when you do http://apache-server/websphere you will see the websphere server.

NB mod_proxy is not compiled in by default so you will have to recompile apache to include
it statically or link it in as a module if you don't already have it.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle