httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: Troulbe compiling 2.0.39
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:21:40 GMT
On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 14:50, Kipp, James wrote:
> I am trying to upgrade to 2.0.39. I have never had a problem compiling any
> of the previous versions. Platform is SunOS 5.8 on an E10K
> I backed up an removed the existing apache directory.  From the posts before
> this one, i made sure the source directory is different from the install
> directory. here is what i have done so far:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/appl1/apache
> make
>
> and here is the errors from make, any ideas or anyone have a similar
> problem?
> thanks
> ----------------
>
> ucbcc: Warning: Option
> -YP,:/usr/ucblib:/opt/SUNWspro/WS6U2/bin/../lib:/opt/SUNWspro/WS6U2/bin:/usr
> /ccs/lib:/usr/lib passed to ld, if ld is invoked, ignored otherwise
> "/usr/include/netinet/in.h", line 849: warning: const is a keyword in ANSI C
> "/usr/include/netinet/in.h", line 849: syntax error before or at: struct
> "/usr/include/netinet/in.h", line 850: syntax error before or at: struct
> "../include/apr_general.h", line 224: syntax error before or at: *
[ ... snip ... ]
> Current working directory /appl1/httpd-2.0.39/srclib
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

James,

  Is your environment setup the same as before?  I.E., PATH set to
  same values?

  I see ucbcc being invoked, but it looks like SUNWspro is installed.
  Don't remember seeing a ucbcc with Sun's tools, just cc and c++.

  My first guess is your environment has changed since the last
  sucessful build of apache, and you need to revert your build
  environment to that.  The errors being reported for in.h imply
  a really broken build system.