httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build any Apache Server version on AIX 4.3.3
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:08:26 GMT
On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 14:19, Hall, Cindy wrote:
> > I have been trying for three days to build Apache Server on AIX 4.3.3.  I
> > have installed Flex and Bison, as well as gcc (version 3.1) successfully.
> > For any Apache version (I've tried 1.3.22, 1.3.24, 1.3.26, and 2.0.39),
> > after running ./configure without any trouble, I run the "make" command
> > and I get the following errors:
> >
> > /usr/include/sys/proc.h:203: parse error before "crid_t"
> > /usr/include/sys/proc.h:212: parse error before "p_class"
> > /usr/include/sys/proc.h:355: parse error before '}' token
> > make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
> >
> > Stop.
> >
> > I've tried searching a myriad of FAQ's, message boards, mailing lists, and
> > the like, with no luck.  I am about to throw in the towel.  Can someone
> > help me, please?  Thank you.
> >

> > Cynthia Hall
> > Database Administrator
> > Baycare Health System
> > 813-243-7012  Fax: 813-243-7070

Cindy,

  Its been years since I worked with AIX.  Seems I remember having
  to use various defines in builds depending upon whether I needed
  the Berkley campatibility libraries or not.  Can you confirm if this
  is still the case?

  Could you send a copy of the config.log for the apache version you
  are attempting to make?

  Have you considered getting GNU's binutils/shellutils/fileutils/etc?
  GNU make also, if you do not have it already install.

  Not much help, I know, but your answers and the config.log may point
  out the direction to go.