httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: Apache on Himalaya Serie S74000
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:10:34 GMT
Hi Efren,

  Thank you.  It appears you are using the native build tools.

  From the looks of the configure output prior to dying, it looks like
  configure is depending upon shell behavior that OSS's sh does not
  implement.  Do you know if there is a port of the GNU shell utils and
  file utils for this platform?  Why I ask is that it may be better
  for your build effort to get the GNU tools (shell, file, maybe even
  bin utils) and use them to configure/build for this platform.

  You can try just getting the shell utils and bash, installing them,
  and putting their path first in your PATH environment variable. Then
  try configuring again to see if this corrects configure's operation.

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 04:17, Efren.Vidal@mobipay.com wrote:

> Lee,
>
> We are trying to install Apache Web Server in a Tandem Himalaya. Tandem has
> a "Unix face" called OSS (Open System Services).
> The OSS shell is "sh".
>
> This is the answer for "man sh" command:
>
> ---------------------------
>      sh(1)                                        Open System Services
>      NAME
>           sh - OSS shell
>      SYNOPSIS
>           sh [-i] [-c command_string | -s] [+ | -abCefmnosuvx]  [+ |
> -o][option ...]  | [argument ...]  | [file] [argument ...]
>           The OSS shell is an interactive command interpreter and a command
> programming language.
>           The OSS shell is based on the UNIX Korn shell.
> ------------------------------
>
> About what tools are we using... do you mean what compiler are we using?
> It's c89.
>
> Thanks again in advance.
>
> Efrén.
>

> -----