httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Yates <jya...@dataservice.org>
Subject failover supprot through mod_proxy?
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 15:38:17 GMT
I have one Apache and two IIS servers, probably expanding to three IIS
servers.  I need to do some load balancing between the two IIS servers.
I was hoping I could use mod_proxy on the one apache server, to do this.

	----------
	| Apache |
	----------

           / \
    | IIS |  | IIS |

I don't know off anyway to do failover support for the IIS servers.  Say
one goes down, which happens more then I should admit, the other will
get all the requests.

I thought mod_proxy, in apache 2.0, would support failover.  Maybe I'm
wrong.  Has anyone done this type of thing before?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jason