httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Togstad" <sni...@3dretreat.com>
Subject Re: [No Subject]
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 07:55:05 GMT
Well thought out reply. . ..pfft...

They way you asked all of your questions sounded like you were a complete
moron . . . So to help out a moron you must go back to the basic's. . .

I'm not saying that I know everything about Apache cause I do not, but most
of your questions CAN be answered if you went back thru past "threads" and
did a little research ..

That is why I told you read the docs. . .  Most of your questions could be
answered if you had common sense. . .

Lets see here..

First, why the fuk were you on Win9x hosting Apache? That from the start is
REALLY dumb. . . But I guess you did not know that. . Ohh well....

First question:

You need to tell where you doc root is in the httpd.conf file . . So in your
httpd.conf look for

"DocumentRoot"

And so you might set it as:
DocumentRoot "C:/www/htdocs"

Second Question...

Like I told you before you need to forward port 80 in your router settings
to the box that Apache is installed on . .

Say if Apache was installed on 192.169.1.8 then you need to forward port 80
to 192.168.1.8.

That better?

Alex Togstad
Web Developer