httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Mixed Services - Apache Security
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 23:15:33 GMT
> From: Rasmus Lerdorf [mailto:rasmus@apache.org]
>
> > I have read a little on SUEXEC, is this the sort of problem that it
was
> > designed to solve, or does anyone else have any other ideas.
>
> Yes, this is what suExec is for, but that is only for CGI programs, so
any
> Apache module things like mod_php or mod_perl won't be helped by this.
> You would have to run the CGI versions of both to make use of it.
>
> Apache2 does have an answer for this in the perchild mpm, but
> unfortunately it is nowhere near ready for production use.  In fact, I
> don't think it even compiles right now.

A little bit of good news for Perchild.  I have it building and starting
(mostly).  I have tracked down a good portion of the startup problems,
and hope to have it serving pages tonight.  I hope to have it passing
file descriptors this weekend sometime.  A lot of this depends on how
much my wife wants me to do.

Ryan