httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Avnish Pundir" <apun...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Extra numerical headers with mod_proxy and 1.3.24
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:33:16 GMT
Hi Robert,
These extra headers are due to chunked-encoding (Transfer-Encoding: chunked
in your response) which is a standard feature and every standard browser
must support it (IE,Netscape does). Very usually these are present with
dynamic pages (like cgi programs, servlet etc) since server doesn't know in
advance how much data exactly it has to sent. Please go thru HTTP RFC for
more details on chunked-encoding.
Not sure but guess this should be present with 1.3.12 too.

Thanks
Avnish
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Messer" <rmesser@onebox.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 1:21 PM
Subject: Extra numerical headers with mod_proxy and 1.3.24

I have a web server running 2 httpd servers: one for regular documents
and images, and one for mod_perl.  This is a common set up for mod_perl
and works well.  The httpd_docs server sends requests to the httpd_perl
server using mod_proxy.

However, I recently upgraded to apache 1.3.24 and I seem to be getting
extra headers in my pages.  For example, if I do this:

telnet my.host.com 80
> GET /scripts/test.pl HTTP/1.1
> Host: my.host.com

The server returns something like this: