httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ron Wingfield" <dtc...@ionet.net>
Subject Re: virtual host apache 2.0.35
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 21:24:33 GMT
Just to make sure that I didn't lie, . . .I flip'ed my asterisk scenario to the hard-coded
IPs and bounced Apache.  Just as before, it will NOT serve the Virtuals.  Only the primary
will serve it's page, regardless of the URL's address.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Daniel Gaddy
  To: users@httpd.apache.org ; Ron Wingfield
  Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 4:06 PM
  Subject: Re: virtual host apache 2.0.35

  So strange... I am also using static IP's... I would recommend you all upgrading to atleast
2.0.35, preferably 36, and this might all be fixed in the newer version... And as Ron just
stated, yes you do need your own dns with a zone file for each virtual host you create listed
in named.conf.  If you need help with any of the dns, there is a great bind mailing list at
subscribe@bind9-users@isc.org

  Hope this helps

  And if anyone knows, for my own personal knowledge, does the newer version of Bind take
care of the * vs. 1.2.3.4 or is this a win32 over *nix issue or what is the deal... Just so
everyone knows... I just took my webserver down, put * instead of IP addresses, and it worked
fine, put it back to IP addresses, and still worked fine...