httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: httpd 1.3.22 & 1.3.24 under cygwin xmit garbage to browser
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 09:14:59 GMT

Paul McFerrin wrote,

> Hello:
>
> I've been advised that my Apache server problem of loosing data is caused
by a known Windows
> XP problem.  At present, the fix from MS is not available via a Service
Pack but can be
> obtained via MS Support (possibly at no charge).
>
> Has anyone obtained this fix from MS and wouldn't mind sharing the fix
with me.  The MS
> Technet article that describes this problem can be found at:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q317949

I have experienced similar problems on Windows XP and Apache 2.0.xx. My
problem don't seem to exactly as you describe, as I only get this from
(perl) cgi-output (not static, SSI, PHP, etc), and it's somewhat random if
and when it happens (everywhere from a few kB to after 300kB, or not at
all). I have called for help about this before in this forum, but no-one
seem to be willing to discuss it (see threads: Trashed/chunked response, and
Corrupt response from CGI's).

One could hope that the fix resolves the problem. If I manage to figure out
how the *$# to get it from MS without risking a huge bill, I will give it to
you, but please let me know if you find it somewhere else.

Regards,
Robert Andersson
andersson@profundis.se