httpd-users mailing list archives

From "rott" <r...@buckeye-express.com>
Subject Re: passwording a file
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 01:11:22 GMT
i have read the web page for <files> several times and have tried to use
<Directory "C:\Program File\Apache Group\Apache\cgi-bin">
  <Files singup.cgi>
    require valid-user
  </Files>
</Directory>

with login as valid-user and with out it also pointing to the htpasswd file
i made to protect a difrent directory i have also tried to use combination
of

    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Restricted Files"
    AuthUserFile D:\path\to\htpasswd
    require user My-ID
i have had no success in any of this nothing has affected the file
signup.cgi it still remains open
http://www.biosciences.utoledo.edu/cgi-bin/signup.cgi
and i need to have it protected there is nothing in the error logs since it
is accessing just fine and the access logs read
63.164.243.46 - - [05/Jun/2002:21:10:26 -0400] "GET /cgi-bin/signup.cgi
HTTP/1.1" 200 2790 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98;
DigExt)" combined
combined
                                           Dale
                                     Toledo Ohio