httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris J. Babyak" <ch...@launchcyte.com>
Subject 403 Forbidden error
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 18:38:55 GMT
Hi all,

I've just complied a new install of 1.3.24, of which in the configuration file I chaned only
the bind address to the IP I need to bind to.

My directories of htdocs and below are world readable.  They are owned by nobody and have
a group of nobody.  The httpd process is running as nobody, and I can connect via telnet or
web browser just fine.  The problem is that it gives error 403 to anything inside of htdocs.
 I can't even get an index page when specifically allowing indexes in the directory tag.
The File tag is fine as well.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!