httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Malenfant" <eric.malenf...@catfive.org>
Subject Virtual Host Problem.. need solution.
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:44:01 GMT
I just finished upgrading Apache to 1.3.26 (due to bug in previous versions)
I use the apachetoolbox.com package to help with the install.

Problem is, I have a few VirtualHosts. After about 5-10 minutes, Apache stop
doing any re-direction properly and starts to point every doman to the first
vhost in the list, or a 404 error. DNS is not a problem, as I host every
domain
(with this box actually being primary ns server)

After reading through the last 4 months of mail archives, no one else seems
to have this problem, nor a solution has crept up. I have modified my config
files a few times. here is what I have so far. Any help is appreciated.
If anyone actually wants to see the complete file, or something is missing
here, please let me know.

Listen 66.11.170.2

BindAddress 66.11.170.2

# ServerName fox.catfive.org (I figured this could be a problem, so I
commented it out)

HostnameLookups On

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin cat5@catfive.org
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs
    ServerName fox.catfive.org
    ServerAlias ns1.catfive.org
    ErrorLog logs/fox.catfive.org-error_log
    CustomLog logs/fox.catfive.org-access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin drevil@foxdenairsoft.com
        DocumentRoot /home/drevil/public_html/
        ServerName wolfpack.foxdenairsoft.com
        ServerAlias www.wolfpackairsoft.com
        ErrorLog /home/drevil/logs/wolfpack.foxdenairsoft.com-error_log
        CustomLog /home/drevil/logs/wolfpack.foxdenairsoft.com-access_log
combined
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin drevil@foxdenairsoft.com
        DocumentRoot /home/drevil/public_html/forum
        ServerName forum.wolfpackairsoft.com
</VirtualHost>

Eric Malenfant
eric.malenfant@catfive.org