httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ron Wingfield" <dtc...@ionet.net>
Subject Re: Apache\s Error log entry
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:35:17 GMT
Oops, I hit the send key before I finished the following message:
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Wingfield
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 7:27 AM
  Subject: Re: Apache\s Error log entry

  Hello Tariq,

  Yes, I'm getting the same assult, seems like at least every twelve hours or so.  The thing
rattles around, groping through various path structures, etc., looking for something to exploit.
 I haven't done anything about it, yet, simply because our server doesn't contain any sensitive
information, . . .yet.

  Yesterday, someone posted this link, http://www.digitalcon.ca/nimda/, for a possible retailation
to nimda.  I haven't taken a close look at the code, yet; probably, it could be modified to
include a defense to Code Red.

  To all list participants:  How prevalent is this problem?

  Regards,
  Ron W.