httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Gaddy" <dga...@sparctech.com>
Subject Re: apache web page indicating successful installation.
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:12:41 GMT
I dont know perfectly if this will work under your system, but I had the same sort of issue
and I renamed the index.html file to WHATEVER YOU WANT, example being index.htmm and then
just include the index.htmm in your DirectoryIndex directive and this will cause index.html
to not be loaded first, and instead it will load ONE OF THE OTHERS first, which I believe
may be .htm, and if you did the same thing for it, it would load .shtml first... This is a
work around that I know of, but there may be some way that is MUCH easier that a more advanced
apache user may know of... But if all else fails, try this method...

Thanks,

Daniel
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Marty Morrison
  To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
  Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 2:41 PM
  Subject: RE: apache web page indicating successful installation.

  I modified my httpd.conf with a DirectoryIndex as follows:
    DirectoryIndex index.shtml index.html index.htm home.html home.htm
  I expected this would cause the index.shtml file to be used first if found, otherwise the
index.html file and so on down the line.  This is not working for me.  It will not use the
index.shtml file automatically.  Am I doing something wrong here, or are my expectations unreasonable?

  I am running Apache 1.3.26 on Unix.