httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Medvedev" <medve...@rsdsoft.msk.ru>
Subject network shares startup check (not a problem, still curious)
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:57:34 GMT
I installed the 2.0.39 on win32 (2000srv) and found out that the Apache
checked my old httpd.conf file beside all for valid aliases. One of the
computers was not acessible at the moment of start and therefore the alias
which point to the share on that comp was, well..., considered invalid.
With such alias the server even refused to register itself as service until
I fixed the broken link.

This should not be considered a bug of course, just an inconvenient feature.

What you think of this?

PS: The Apache service was granted such rights which allow it to use network
shares.

Any thoughts are welcome.