httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Johansen Arvid S." <sni...@snille.com>
Subject SV: smart management of multiple README and HEADER files
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:33:04 GMT
The very same files for a bunch of virtual hosts?

Make a directory (like Apache "icons") for those files - they won't
reside in the virtual host root directory, though...

- Arvid

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Dmitry Medvedev [mailto:medvedev@rsdsoft.msk.ru]
Sendt: 19. juni 2002 10:11
Til: users@httpd.apache.org
Emne: smart management of multiple README and HEADER files

Good day to all.
I've got a problem: I've got a great number of directories which are
accessible from my site (a vhost) with Options including the +Indexes
directive.
Each directory, besides normal files and subdirectories, contains the
HEADER.shtml and README.shtml.

The problem is: when I need to alter these two particular files I need
alter them in all the directories they appear.

Does anyone know how I can simplify all the thing so that it be at least
bit easier to manage.

Thanks in advance,
                            Dmitry.

Developer Express inc. [http://www.devexpress.com/]