httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Medvedev" <medve...@rsdsoft.msk.ru>
Subject Re: apache URL help
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:00:21 GMT
Suppose, several solutions can be found.
One of them consists in setting the DocumentRoot to the
"var/apache/htdocs/CFIDE/HotQuery", additionally you can flavour all this
with a new virtual host. Still this one cannot be considered the smartest an
approach.

If you really think you need to do something about this you can try to use
mod_rewrite (http://modrewrite.com/). The latter provides a real power to do
such tricks.

Consider the following pages:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html
http://www.engelschall.com/pw/apache/rewriteguide/

Of course, something can be found on the http://httpd.apache.org and via
www.google.com.

Still, your approach in the current situation I would consider the most
optimal: it does not cause overheat 'cos it does not use any extra
functionality besides the most common.
As for me, I do the same you did when deploying, for instance, EWF on
Apache, 'cos I know for sure what and how many directories I should have to
have it all up and running and that neither the number of them nor their
locations will change. So, I do not need to manually correct the aliases
every day. Still, it's up to you to make a decision.

PPS: Sorry for my English.