httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Araujo" <ytse...@bol.com.br>
Subject httpd won't start
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:54:43 GMT
    Hey all, I still can't start httpd in linux. Has someone gone through
this or have a guess? This time I have the exact error messages.

    Running "apachectl start" from the 2.4.18 kernel I compiled returns this
message:
    "[Mon Jun 17 14:00:07 2002] [emerg] (38)Function not implemented:
Couldn't create accept lock"

    On the 2.2 kernel installed by my Slackware 8.0 CD, I get this one:
    "[Tue Jun 18 00:32:45 2002] [emerg] (22)Invalid argument: Couldn't set
permissions on cross-process lock; check User and Group directives"

    The fact each kernel returns me a different error makes me think there's
something to do with the way I configured my kernel. If so, where could I
have gone wrong?

    By the way, these error messages are not printed to screen; they're in
the logs/error_log file. And I haven't noticed any problems during the
(./configure;make;make install) proccess.

    Thanks a lot,
    Daniel Araujo
    Fábrica de Idéias
    http://www.fabricadeideias.com.br