httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Meisenhelder" <popt...@poptartweb.org>
Subject RE: How to mirror site?
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:05:54 GMT
I also would like to know how to do this, but the files aren't my
problem, the switching over to the mirror is.
For example, if serverA is down, I would like for it to redirect to
serverB.

Thanks
--[P]op[T]art
poptart@poptartweb.org
www.poptartweb.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Anderson [mailto:ka@pacific.net]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 5:33 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to mirror site?

ug...
Call the other ISP and ask them for permission to mirror it. Note that
all of your requests will be VERY obvious in their logfiles,
so you might as well get permission, so that they don't cause you to
lose YOUR isp by reporting that you are doing this WITHOUT permission,
or by simply blocking your ip(s).
Then: use wget
Ken