httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: CGI's with nonstandard UserDir
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 17:48:53 GMT

On Sun, 19 May 2002 exarkun@meson.dyndns.org wrote:

>   I recently reconfigured apache so I wouldn't have to keep user web files
> under ~.  To this end, I changed the UserDir section of httpd.conf to read
> like this:
>
> <IfModule mod_userdir.c>
>     UserDir /home/http
> </IfModule>

> [Sun May 19 11:11:25 2002] [error] (13)Permission denied: exec of /home/http/exarkun/cgi-bin/mojo.cgi
failed
> [Sun May 19 11:11:25 2002] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Premature end of script headers:
/home/http/exarkun/cgi-bin/mojo.cgi

> I'm running suexec apache, so I believe these permissions are correct

First thing to do is check the suexec log file.

You'll probably find a "not in docroot" complaint.  Suexec is VERY strict
about where files are located, and for user directories (~user), they
must be located under the user's home directory.  I believe you are going
to find that your current configuration is not compatible with suexec.

Joshua.