httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Schorer <ascho...@warpedlight.com>
Subject Re: virtual hosting
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 18:25:30 GMT
> I going to make one more "stab in the dark" and say your using
> let met see "Redhat" or "Windows"?

In my experience, the only people who complain about Redhat are those who,
for one reason or another, can't seem to figure out how to trim down the
install and tune it up afterwards. But that's neither here nor there.

Ron/James:

For info on virtualhosts, a good place to start would be here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#virtualhost . There are
links at the bottom of that section that can provide additional relevent
information.

> > Hello James,
> >
> > I'm new to this "forum" (only signed-up within the hour); therefore, I
> > hope this is the  SOP for responding to questions.  Apparently, the
> > return address is users@httpd.apache.org . If not, please let me know.
> >
> > What version of Apache are you using?
> >
> > I, too, am struggling with v2.0.28's Name-Based Virtual Host(ing).  I
> > cannot get the VirtualHost's containerized DocumentRoot directive's
> > path to be recognized.  Both of my web-servers (i.e., sites) serve
> > documents from the default DocumentRoot.
> >
> > I'm going to "short" this reply, and go back to composing my related
> > question.  I will cc  the document to you.
> >
> > OTTF,
> > Ron W.

 Anthony Schorer

 aschorer@warpedlight.com