httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roman Suzi <...@onego.ru>
Subject Re: Why chunked transfer in POST requests is forbidden?
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 03:17:55 GMT
On Wed, 29 May 2002, Jack Nerad wrote:

>On Wednesday 29 May 2002 10:58, you wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> it seems that it is not possible for CGI (or mod_python, or mod_php)
>> scripts to get POST requests with trasfer-encoding set to chunked.
>> Error 411 tells that it is forbidden. So, upload doesnt work this
>> way!
>>
>> How do I switch this feature ON? (I really need it for a special
>> application, so there are no security concerns.)
>>
>> I do not believe Apache 1x can't do it. It itself uses chunked with
>> HTTP/1.1 quite frequently.
>>
>> I understand it is switched off by default for some reason. But how
>> to switch it on? I can't find anything in the docs...
>>
>> Thank you in advance!
>>
>> Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
>
>http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.4.12
>
>The 411 Error message seems to suggest that the content length is not
>being sent along with the chunked header.
>
>Is it possible this is an error with the client rather than the server?

According to

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec4.html#sec4.4

transfer-encoding is valid way to specify length. Each chunk has it's
length specified. So, client doesn't deviate from standards.

>--
>Jack Nerad

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
\_ Russia \_ Karelia \_ Petrozavodsk \_ rnd@onego.ru \_
\_ Thursday, May 30, 2002 \_ Powered by Linux RedHat 7.2 \_