httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hans Juergen von Lengerke <lenger...@sixt.de>
Subject Re: Using C++ instead of Java servlets with Apache
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 06:15:11 GMT
If your requirements allow this, I would choose a different language
than C++. Perl and C both have very good APIs. Go and get yourself a
copy of "Apache Modules with Perl and C" from O'Reilly (www.oreilly.com)
and decide for yourself which language fits your need better. This book
is exactly what you want if I understand your mail correctly.

Oh, and if you think Perl == CGI == slow, then I can assure you this is
outdated information :-). Check out http://perl.apache.org for more
information.

HTH, Hans

Sharath Muppala <SMuppala@digimarc.com> on May 23, 2002: