httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hasanuddin Tamir <...@trabas.com>
Subject Re: CGI and Virtual Hosts ...still :(
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 19:36:02 GMT
On Thu, 2 May 2002, Subscribed <subscribe@myarchive.biz> wrote,

> It's mailform.exe, a very popular mailer for forms.
> http://www.lss.com.au/lss/windows/lsswindows.htm
>
> and Order4m (also their test script)
> http://www.farstand.com/Farstand/Order4M/Order4M.htm?#tests
>
> I find when I comment out mod_cgi.c I get post not allowed to the program,
> but
> Im not sure if that has any bearing. I'm about to look it up.
> If you have any ideas at all- please let me know. Im going on the ledge soon

I have no idea how to fix the problem if it's really about the mailform.exe
and it can't be modified.

I can only say that...

In your conf, you specify that files end in .exe are handled as CGI
program. When that cgitest.exe (and now you say it's mailform.exe?) gets
executed, it results in error that says something like "malformed header".
As Joshua has pointed it out, a CGI program must generate a so-called HTTP
header. Your program has seemed to somewhat forget to do his duty.

When you commented out the mod_cgi.c, nothing handles the line that says
'AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl. exe'.

--
san->http(www.trabas.com)
{If Linux doesn't have solution, you have the wrong problem}