httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Slight OT: Any ideas on content management system for Apache+PHP+MySQL
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 10:57:51 GMT
On Wed, 1 May 2002, Apolinaras Sinkevicius wrote:

> I am a webmaster for an agency.
> I looked at many content management pieces for
> Linux+Apache+PHP+MySQL like ezPublish and etc. but
> they look overly complex for my needs.
> I just need to have something that would allow me to
> insert picture, text, and list of links into a
> template. I don't want a heavy system, just something
> lighweight. Any ideas?

We have usually just rolled our own, although typically we have uses
mod_perl rather than php, but I'm sure it would be similar. This was
perhaps 2-4 hours of developemnt time all told, so if you have that
expertise in house, it might be nice in the long run to go that route,
or contact someone to develop one custom to your needs.

--
Rich Bowen
Apache - mod_perl - Perl - CGI