httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Re: httpd.conf settings preventing perl cgi?
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 21:25:43 GMT

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Melvin Thomas Melvin wrote:

> I was running 1.3.24 compiled with HP's ansi C compiler, and based on your message I
tried to compile 2.0.36, the compile worked, but I get the error:

> [Thu May 30 17:09:05 2002] [emerg] (19)No such device: Couldn't create accept lck

See the AcceptMutex directive in the documentation and try a different
value.

> As for my original problem, I can run the printenv and test-cgi
> scripts. The example I am trying to use is from:
>
> http://www.cgi101.com/class/ch5/colors.txt
>
> And all it displays is "Results" when it runs, with no errors in the error_log, or the
command line from perl.

Ummm... You're not just going directly to that script are you?  You need
to use the web form (html page) to post to the script.

In any case, it is obvious that your apache is configured and working just
fine; the problem is that you aren't using the cgi script correctly.

Joshua.