httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Transfer Encoding header problem
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 15:08:16 GMT
On Tue, 28 May 2002, Selva wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have problems with Transfer-Encoding header with Apache 1.3.x.
>
> When I access a CGI through an Apache web server using HTTP 1.1
> protocol, I get the Transfer-Encoding header in the response.
> But, when I access the same CGI placed with another installation of
> Apache on another machine, I am not getting the Transfer-Encoding header
> in the response.
>
> My basic doubt is ...
>
> Do I need to enable any of Apache directives to get the
> Transfer-Encoding (chunked) put in to the response by the Apache web
> server?

No.  It is all automatic.

Are you sure that both servers are running exactly the same version of
apache and you are using exactly the same client and cgi script?

Why do you care about Transfer-Encoding?  Apache will make the choice for
you based on protocol version/etc.  The 2.0 version is more agressive
about using chunked encoding in some cases.

Joshua.