httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: MaxRequestsPerChild has no effect
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 21:18:49 GMT

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Dario Spagnolo wrote:
> > Are you really seeing the numbers under "acc" go up indefinitely?
>
> Acc numbers do go up indefinetely and I can see that the PID of each children
> remains unchanged even after several thousands requests.

Can you do a graceful restart (kill -USR1 the parent process)?

It sounds to me like something may be blocking signals to the apache
children.  Even without MaxRequestsPerChild, children should be killed and
created because of the basic process management (MinSpareServers,
MaxSpareServers).

> > At this point, it's not really a bug in MaxRequestsPerChild as the fact
> > that the directive is misnamed.  It is really MaxConnectionsPerChild.
>
> "Invalid command 'MaxConnectionsPerChild', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by

I meant that is what it *should* be named.

Joshua.