httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: A few questions about 2.0...
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 18:21:06 GMT

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Gary W wrote:

> You have to compile separately

Huhh??  mod_ssl is now a part of apache in the same way as mod_rewrite
and mod_auth_dbm.  You compile it as part of your main apache
configuration, not separately.

>  Kukiela wrote:
> >
> > 1) Is mod_ssl internal to apache now using the --with-ssl ./configure option
> > or do you still have to compile it separately?
> >
> > 2) can the existing apache-frontpage module work on apache2 or will a new
> > version be written?

The existing extensions will not work, and I have no idea if a new version
will be written.  Apache 2 has a new module interface so 1.3 modules must
be slightly rewritten before they will work.

Personally, I encourage people to avoid the frontpage extensions whenever
possible and consider alternatives like mod_dav.

Joshua.