httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: mod_autoindex problems - before a bug report.
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 15:45:23 GMT

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Nimster wrote:
> I am using Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 2, on an Intel
> Pentium 3. I'm running Apache as a system service.
>
> I have no firewall, but I am connected through a VPN with an ADSL modem
> to the internet.
>
> I am unable to use the Autoindex feature. Whenever any client enters a
> directory which I set up Apache to autoindex (using Options Indexes),
> the connection times out and I get a "Cannot find Server" error - while
> on the server side I get:
> Apache.exe - Application Error
> The exception unknown software exception (oxc00000fd) occurred in the
> application at location 0x77f8299c
> The addresses never change, neither after an Apache restart nor reboot.

I hate to tell you this, but if I had to guess, I would say your VPN
software is at fault.  I have tried the same setup, and I get
mod_autoindex working fine.

But feel free to report it in the bug database.  Perhaps one of the win32
gurus will have some debugging suggestions.  Be sure to include exact
details about your VPN software.

Joshua.