httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Trashed/chunked response
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 15:14:45 GMT
On Tue, 7 May 2002, Robert Andersson wrote:

> I've raised this questing before, but i'll take it again.
>
> Is there anyway to control how Apache will encode the response of dynamic
> content (eg. cgi-script)?

Well, you can downgrade-1.0 the response to get rid of HTTP/1.1 features,
but that is not really a good idea.

> I have some trouble with big cgi-generated pages, which become corrupted,
> and have the "Transfer-encoding: chunked" header. Another thing is that
> sometimes, in the middle of the response, it starts over (eg. "HTTP/1.1 200
> OK...")!

Your problem is not the chunked encoding per se.  It is the corruption.

Please try 2.0.36 to see if it fixes the corruption problem.  There were
some tweaks made to the interface with windows sockets that fixed problems
for some people.

JOshua.