httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [2.0.35/36] ScriptAlias and mod_userdir
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 21:01:41 GMT
On Mon, 6 May 2002, Anthony Schorer wrote:
> Prior to upgrading to 2.0.* (2.0.35 was my first step), ScriptAlias didn't
> have a problem with the use of ~'s in the alias'd path (ex: ScriptAlias
> /~user/cgi/ /home/user/cgi) In 2.0.35/36 though, apache's error log turns
> up this:
>
> [error] [client 129.74.157.255] File does not exist:
> /home/user/public_html/cgi
>
> For some reason, it thinks the cgi dir should be under the document root.
> If I remove the ~, all functions as I would expect. (Configuration file
> available at http://warpedlight.com/~aschorer/httpd.conf)
>
> Can anyone confirm this?

Interesting.  I just recreated this.  If I take mod_userdir out of the
picture, the ~ ScriptAlias works fine.  It seems like the most likely
explanation is that the order of processing has changed, and mod_userdir
is now overriding mod_alias.  It probably should be the other way around.
Go ahead and file a bug report.

Joshua.