httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: XML question
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 17:23:11 GMT

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Fernando Reuter Wendt wrote:

> I want to learn XML, always with Apache :) , and hope to find out what is
> the best way to do it. As i´m not a Java expert, would like to know if there
> isn´t a module to be added, compatible with GNU-Linux and Windows. Plus,
> sugestions relationed to how do you do your XML installation, will be
> apreciated too. What is the best way to perform XML support on Apache?

Saying "I want to learn XML" is pretty darn vague.  XML is simply a way of
writing a markup language.  In general, you don't need a web server at all
to use XML.

If you mean that you want to learn XML+XSLT, then you still don't need a
web server.  Recent versions of most of the major browsers will render
that directly.

So you still haven't really explained what is you want apache to do.

Joshua.